Wednesday 5 March 2014

Ottoman 18th century

Good morning everyone, I thought I'd share this picture of the antique embroidery I bought a while ago. I was told at the time it is from the 18 th  century and it was Turkish origin.
I've since researched it and yes it is from the Ottoman Empire and I have also dated it about 17-18 th century.
It is very delicate but the colours have stayed quite well , the detail in it is amazing . The background is brown fine cotton and the threads used are silk.
I do love old embroidery and I use in my work alot to give it a new leas of life , however this peice which is about 14x 16 " I'm going to get framed and keep as it is it would be a crime to chop it up!

Well it's my day job today so no sewing today for me unless I can get some done tonight after work.
Hope you get some time to be creative today!
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment