Monday 26 May 2014

Royal school of needlework outing

I forgot to tell you all about my wonderful day out on Friiday I organised a day out with the ladies from the Embroidery guild and we went to the embroidery guild headquarters where we saw some of the collections. there was so much to see and some of the embroiderys are hundreds of years old.
We then went to Hampton court Palace to visit the RSN where we saw some lovely samples in their collection one was done by a 7 year old girl in the Victorian times.
I learnt alot about samples and we all came away with some serious inspiration!
I also learnt alot about the history of samplers they were used in Victorian times and before by young girls to show employers that they could stitch and embroider the names of the household into clothes.
And where needs be they could mend and shorten clothes.
It was a lovely day and the ladies at HQ and Royal school of Needlework were fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment