Sunday 25 January 2015

Blue blackwork

I am being very disciplined at the moement which is hard for me in my art.
I am trying to finish the blackwork piece I'm doing for the exhibition . I hate blackwork having to stay in lines, straight and exact isn't my usual way to work as you prolbly know by my blog pictures, however I am staying focused on the blackwork as once I've finished it I can put away until the exhibition. I've used painted fBric and layered over some organza so the work isn't traditional blackwork but I still have to follow the rules on straight stitch in the style of blackwork.
The last time I did blackwork was for my study a few years ago, so a reminder of the tecnique is good I suppose......
I'll upload a piccynonce I've done the peice so you can see my work.
I hope you all have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment