Sunday 6 April 2014

karen woods workshop

Well I have. Had such a busy weekend! I went to the Embroiderers Guild AGM on Saturday and met some wonderful people . I also went to a fabolously creative workshop in the afternoon with a lady called Karen Woods who is a textile artist who does all sorts of textile art. She taught us how to start with a screen print and then paint it then collage on some fabrics then stitch on top of it. We never had time to finish the samples but I managed to paint mine up in the sessions and I can't wait till my day off to start the fabric collage on top.
Here's my samples , . The Queens head is Karens sample she used to show us the drawing with stitch technique . I am going to build up more layers on Her Majesty so ill post some more pictures on WEdnesday once I've done some layering.



No comments:

Post a Comment